Sometimes my channel can get a lot of spam comments. And it can be quite time consuming to mark every single comment as spam. So, usually I would just hide user from my YouTube channel.
Who are hidden users on YouTube?
Comments and live chat messages from these users won't show up, including live chats. It may take several days to remove existing comments and live chat messages.
How to hide user from YouTube channel?
Hide user from channel on Desktop - via YouTube.com
- Log in to your YouTube account.
- Go to the video, where you want to hide user.
- Hover over the comment, click on three dots in the right side.
- Click Hide user.
Hide user from channel via YouTube Studio
Alternatively, you can manage your comments via YouTube studio.
- Log in to studio.youtube.com
- Go to Comments in the left sidebar.
- You can search or filter comments - so, you can easily filter out many spam users at once.
- Click on three dots and then click Hide user from channel.
Hide user from channel via YouTube Studio app (on mobile)?
Usually, I view analytics and make a lot of changes via YouTube Studio mobile app.
It is also quite convenient to hide users from YouTube channel.
- Open YouTube Studio mobile app (note, it is not a standard YouTube app).
- Go to the Comments in the sidebar.
- Locate the comment, tap on three dots, tap Hide user from channel.
How to block someone on YouTube?
Alternatively, you can also block users.
- Go to the comment.
- Click on the user you want to block - you will be redirected to YouTube channel.
- Click on About section, click on Flag icon, click Block user. You can also Report user from here.
You can also report user from Comments or Community tab in YouTube Studio.
In the same menu you can select to always approve comments from this user on YouTube. Or even add this user as a comment moderator.
How to manage hidden users on YouTube?
To manage hidden users you need to use YouTube studio on desktop - not possible via mobile app.
- Go to studio.youtube.com
- Go to Settings -> Community -> Automated filters.
- Then you will see a hidden users tab. You can add or remove hidden users from here.
4. You can also paste the channel URL of a user to add as a hidden user.
In the same tab there are also Approved users.
Comments from these users are automatically published and won't be filtered for blocked links, blocked words, or potentially inappropriate content.
You can also add Blocked words.
Comments closely matching these words will be held for review. Live chats matching these words will be blocked.
And you can choose to Block links.
If you select this option, new comments with hashtags and URLs will be held for review. Live chat messages with URLs will be blocked. This setting doesn't apply to you, moderators, or approved users.
How to unhide/unblock hidden users?
Go to Community tab in YouTube studio on desktop. Then remove user from hidden users tab.
Hiding users - what you need to know
Hiding users from YouTube channel won't let them post additional comments on your channel and also on live chat. However, they still will be able to view comments.