What is a YouTube disclaimer?
A YouTube disclaimer is a statement placed usually in the video’s description that helps reduce legal liabilities or provide protection for original content.
When do you need a disclaimer on YouTube?
You might need a disclaimer on YouTube, if:
- your provide some advice;
- your video features other people's intellectual property;
- your video features your own copyrighted materials.
Types of YouTube disclaimers
- YouTube copyright disclaimer
- YouTube fair use disclaimer
- YouTube disclaimer for music
- YouTube liability disclaimer
Where to include a YouTube disclaimer?
The most common place to include a YouTube disclaimer is a description of YouTube video.
You can include a general disclaimer in your About page on YouTube channel.
First few seconds of the video
You can include a disclaimer when your video starts. Just create a screen with a legal text.
Of course, you can also have a dedicated page on your website with a YouTube disclaimer. And the link to this page from YouTube.
Examples of YouTube disclaimers
How to generate a YouTube disclaimer?
There are many website which can help you with creating a YouTube disclaimer - for free or a small fee.