YouTube allows tagging or mentioning someone either in YouTube title or description.
Here is how to tag someone in YouTube.
- Open YouTube studio (on desktop) or YouTube app (on mobile) and start uploading new video.
In title you will see: "type @ to mention a channel".
In description: "type @ to mention a channel".
You need to tag a YouTube channel - however I am not sure if it is a channel username or channel name.
Here is how to tag someone in YouTube on mobile
- Upload a YouTube video via YouTube app - not a YouTube studio app.
- Put @ in either title or description and tag a channel.
Tag someone in title
Or/and tag someone in description
3. After channel is tagged it will have a grey background.
4. On the uploaded video, it will appear as a blue clickable link in title or description.
5. Upload video.
Note, on mobile, it is not possible to edit video later and tag someone - only in new uploaded videos.
Tag someone in YouTube on desktop
- Go to studio.youtube.com
- Upload a new video and add @ symbol either in title or description.
On desktop it is possible to tag someone in already uploaded videos.
That is basically it.